NEW YORK, NY— The Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater New York (BOMA New York) successfully awarded 18 winners from across 37 nominees in the commercial real estate industry at its annual Pinnacle Awards celebration at Pier Sixty on September 29, 2022. The Pinnacle Awards, known as the premier awards ceremony for commercial real estate in New York, also celebrated its 51st anniversary with over 1,000 attendees at the event this year. The nominees of the awards are known to be exemplary leaders within their respective professions, who best embody the passion and professionalism that is unique to New York City. All nominees underwent an extensive submission process, and individuals and buildings were chosen based on the highest score in their respective categories.
Matthew J. Duthie, Chair of BOMA New York, said, “Congratulations to the exemplary New York City building owners and managers who were recognized by this year’s BOMA Pinnacle Awards. We also want to congratulate Larry Silverstein for receiving the prestigious Henry J. Muller Achievement Award, an award granted to an exceptional visionary who has made a lasting impact on our city.”
Lori Raphael, Executive Director of BOMA New York added, “It was truly an honor to be a part of my first Pinnacle Awards. This year marked the 51st anniversary of this illustrious program, and we had the most attendees ever. It was inspiring to watch our industry peers celebrate each other’s achievements and successes.”
Awarding Commercial Real Estate Leadership
Winners of the 2022 Awards Program include:
- Larry Silverstein, a well-known and distinguished industry leader and founder of Silverstein Properties, kicked off the evening as the winner of the Henry J. Muller Achievement Award, an iconic award recognizing the winner’s contributions to their vision for New York.
- Outstanding Local Member of the Year – Thomas Hill, RPA, Boston Properties
- Manager of the Year (3-10 Years’ Experience) – Anthony R. Migliore Jr., Empire State Realty Trust
- Manager of the Year (10+ Years’ Experience) – Lindsay DeFouw, RPA, Related Companies
- Emerging Leader of the Year – Kenny Peng, TKE Group
- Operating Engineer of the Year – Christopher Dewitt, SL Green Realty Corp.
- Chief Operating Engineer of the Year – James Hollywood, RPA, FMA, SL Green Realty Corp.
- Janitorial Professional of the Year – Leonard Blakaj, Tishman Speyer
- Security Professional of the Year – James Campion, Related Companies
- Historical Building of the Year – 50 Rockefeller Center, Tishman Speyer
- Earth Building of the Year – One Manhattan West, Brookfield Properties
- New Construction Building of the Year – One Vanderbilt Avenue, SL Green Realty Corp.
- Renovated Building of the Year – 10 East 53rd Street, SL Green Realty Corp.
- Mixed-Use Building of the Year – 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Tishman Speyer
- Operating Office Building of the Year (100,000 – 249,000 QSF) – 540 West 26th Street, Lincoln Property Company
- Operating Office Building of the Year (250,000 – 499,999 SQF) – 315 Park Avenue South, Columbia Property Trust
- Operating Office Building of the Year (500,000 – 1 Million SQF) – 1230 Avenue of the Americas, Tishman Speyer
- Operating Office Building of the Year (Over 1 Million SQF) – 55 Hudson Yards, Related Companies
- GRAND PINNACLE AWARD (Building with the highest overall score) – One Vanderbilt Avenue, SL Green Realty Corp.
BOMA New York would like to thank its Platinum Sponsors for the evening: Boston Properties, Quality Building Services, Related Companies, SL Green Realty Corp., The Durst Organization, Tishman Speyer and Upgrade Services.
Other sponsors included: ABM, BMS CAT, Columbia Property Trust, Bonafide Mechanical, BP Mechanical, CANY, ELPO Electrical Contracting Inc., Harvard, JB&B, Johnson Controls, Kastle Systems, Nouveau Elevator, Pritchard Industries, RAEL Fire Protection, Schindler Elevator, Silverstein Properties, Sirina Fire & Life Safety Systems, TKE, UG2, Unity Construction Services, Inc., Valentine Construction Management, Verus Construction, and Vornado Realty Trust,
About Building Owners & Managers Association of Greater New York (BOMA NY) BOMA New York is the largest local association in the BOMA International federation, which represents commercial real estate responsible for the ownership and management of some of the world’s most prestigious properties. BOMA New York serves as the first line of defense for New York’s working public, accountable for the safety, physical well-being and security of the
City’s 3 million office tenants. For more information, please visit the Association’s website at www.bomany.org
Construct America Magazine | The Home of Construction Industry News
Got a story to share? email us at email@example.com