Propel by MIPIM New York (formerly MIPIM Proptech), the world’s most innovative real estate technology conference was held at the Javits Center River Pavilion in Manhattan on November 9th. This year, the conference featured the Global Startup Competition, in partnership with venture capital firm MetaProp. Competition judges were select industry professionals from PGIM, Brookfield, Blackstone, LaSalle, Fairstead, MetaProp, and Boston Properties.
On November 9th, each startup in their respective categories introduced themselves and pitched their business idea to an audience of investors, clients, and partners from around the world. In order to be considered, startup applicants had to provide a tangible solution that would move the real estate industry forward with an innovative business model, technology, service, or content experience.
The applications were divided into three categories:
● Better Places: User Experience: solutions to improve user experience and increase the attractiveness of real estate assets
● Greater Impact: ESG & Decarbonization: solutions that improve sustainability and support ESG initiatives in the industry
● Stronger Business: Business Efficiency: solutions that improve business efficiency while facilitating critical business functions such as management, transactions, marketing, etc.
This year’s competition generated much interest from all around the world, as more than half of the selected finalists were international companies, coming for instance from Spain, Israel, France or the UK. For the winners, the package that was awarded included 2 free passes for MIPIM 2023 in Cannes, a startup desk to be an exhibitor in Cannes and brand visibility on digital and social media channels for Propel by MIPIM.
This year’s winners are:
● Winner of Better Places/User Experience Category:
○ Mount, from New York, an app that collects payments from rentals and has a built-in backend management portal so managers can track revenue, maintenance, and issues. Website.
● Winner of Greater Impact/ ESG & Decarbonization Category:
○ Mapped, from El Segundo, California, an independent data layer for commercial real estate that automates the discovery, extraction, and normalization of data from building systems, sensors, devices, and vendors into a single standardized API. Website.
● Winner of Stronger Business/ Business Efficiency Category:
○ aRoboticsCompany, Inc., from Ossining, New York, created facade-access robots to carry ultra-lightweight payloads and can be set up on most tall buildings in minutes, finishing jobs in days instead of months. Website.
About Propel by MIPIM NYC – The Anchor Event of NYC Real Estate Tech Week
Since 2017, Propel by MIPIM New York in partnership with MetaProp has been connecting key commercial and residential real estate decision-makers from all sectors with technology companies spearheading innovative products and services in planning, leasing, developing, and investing. Propel by MIPIM is the only international event where professionals can get first access to innovations that can help them structure more efficient and sustainable businesses. The conference will jumpstart NYC Real Estate Tech Week held from November 7th through the 11th. With 12+ events including networking, PropTech awards, and social gatherings to be held at venues across New York City, this week will welcome thousands of PropTech enthusiasts from across North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and LatAm.
Propel by MIPIM in partnership with MetaProp draws a diverse and global audience of real estate professionals including developers, investors, landlords, occupiers, and brokers along with mature PropTech companies, start-ups, and innovators. Global leaders will come together for this 2-day conference to discuss resources, strategies, best practices, and solutions for their real estate companies.
More information at www.propel-mipim.com
About RX Global – RX Global builds businesses for individuals, communities, and organizations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products, and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about positively impacting society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
MetaProp is a New York-based venture capital firm focused on the real estate technology (“PropTech”) industry. Founded in 2015, MetaProp’s investment team has invested in 150+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. The firm manages multiple investment funds for both financial and strategic real estate investors representing a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 20+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market with partners and investors from various parts of the world, including Ivanhoe Cambridge, PGIM, Mitsui Fudosan, CBRE, AECOM, Development Bank of Japan, Cushman & Wakefield, Swire Properties, JLL Spark, Sumitomo, GS Futures, Bridge Investments and others. The firm’s investment activities are complemented by pioneering community leadership including the PropTech Place innovation hub, MetaProp Accelerator at Columbia University programs, global events NYC Real Estate Tech Week and Propel by MIPIM NYC, and publications Global PropTech Confidence Index and PropTech 101.
Construct America Magazine | The Home of Construction Industry News
Got a story to share? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org